Friday, October 27, 2017

Imparted

Dictionary Definition - 'to give, convey, or grant from or as if from  store.'

Christ imparts His righteousness to those who consent to let Him take away their sins.  We are indebted to Christ for the grace (His character) which makes us complete in Him.

The righteousness by which we are justified is imputed; the righteousness by which we are sanctified is imparted.  The first is our title to heaven, the second is our fitness for heaven.

In sanctification Christ's character is imparted (or conveyed to the believer and becomes a part of his person).  Thus his personality is changed.

This is so real for me, as soon as I surrendered up my sin or shortcomings, Christ changed me into a lovable, loving Christian, this doesn't mean I'm perfect or anything like it but He is changing me day by day into what He will be able to take into His kingdom when He comes.  It's not a one time thing and we are made whole, it happens over the length of our lifetime and I am anxious to see what He will do next for me.  It is a wonderful experience to go from a gossip, critical, faultfinding individual into someone whom most people love, I'm still working on the others.  Have won a few but there is still more.  I just flat love people now, it's amazing even to me.  I just praise the Lord for His forgiveness, and making me as if I had never done those things.  If satan brings them to your mind after God has changed your heart, just tell him you have been forgiven and resist the thoughts.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment