Saturday, December 23, 2017

Reciprocal Abiding - Part 27

But there are problems connected with this, for at the same time that it speaks of Christ being the Vine and our needing to abide in the Vine, it also speaks of Christ abiding in the branch, which makes it essential that we keep reading to where it says,"Abide in Me," and then "I abide in you" (John 15: 4)  It's a two way street.

Many individuals  have attached themselves to the church thinking thay have attached themselves to the Lord Jesus Christ.  They feel thay have obtained the security or insurance they need by attaching themselves to the organization.  But this kid of attaching has nothing to do with salvation or genuine security.  Security only comes as we not only abide in Him, but as He also abides in us--that's the real source of security!

So while Jesus makes it clear in these verses that He is the One who produces the ever increasing fruit in our lives, while we abide in Him, that fruit is the result of His abiding in us.

Putting God in the Driver's Seat

Our part is to choose to enter God's plan in any and all circumstances.  But it is so easy to take ourselves out of God's plan and place ourselves--as one person put it--in the driver's seat when any disturbing factors come along.  It is interesting that God so easily responds to our desire to take over the wheel again;  He doesn't put up a fight.  Even though He is "driving" and directing our lives, anytime we want to take over, He simply moves out of the way.  Does He say, "No,stop, think about what you are doing.  Listen to Me.  I'm directing the course and getting along fine.  If you take over the driving, and I eventually find myself in the ditch.  And it happens all the time.

Perhaps you have never been in the ditch.   If you have, however, it always resulted from your taking over the drivr's seat--that's what happens in my life, for whenever I take over, I find myself in the ditch, I end up having to call for service, and the Lord comes and gets me out.  That's the routine, and it happens time and time again until we finally recognize our inability to control or guide ourselves.

Have you been there?  I have been in so many ditches in my life time that I could never count them. I am not bragging about this at all.  I am ashamed to say it, but I never knew, or never analyzed it like that. Too much ego to let God have control of all of me.  As I said, I am ashamed to say it, but it is so true, when we take over there will be a wreck down the road of life, guaranteed.  I am not a young person any more and it's time for us all to let God control our lives because time is short and surely we want to be in the kingdom and the New Earth He will recreate for us to dwell in, it will be so beautiful, I long to be there.  Don't you?  I hope so.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment