Saturday, December 30, 2017

Transmitting the Character of Christ - Part 33

What then is the fruit?  The fruit is simply the transmission of the character of Jesus Christ to the human body.  What we are referring to is sanctification.  Justification is the acceptance of God's plan of salvation whereby He atones for me.  It is God's gift on Calvary.  In accepting this gift, I am justified.  But if justification is my title to Heaven, my fitness for Heaven depends on the purging; and the purging is about sanctification, not justification.  Justification always comes first; sanctification also begins immediately at the time of justification, but the process lasts a lifetime.  How long does purging go on?  All the time!  What is the purpose of purging?  Take us deeper and deeper into the character of Jesus, that His character might be imparted to us.  So when Christ takes a look at the branch that is bearing lots of nice fruit, He notices that there is a bit here and there that needs to be trimmed off, and He trims it. It is ongoing work of sanctification that keeps justification current.

We must remember that knowledge of the Scriptures does not build men.  The Scriptures only lead men to Jesus, who builds men--that's the purpose of the Scriptures.  Prophecy, teaching, beliefs, everything you learn without Jesus is worthless.

The branch doesn't worry about fruit-bearing, does it?  But the Devil tries to get you worrying about bearing fruit, and the more you worry about bearing fruit, the less fruit you will bear.  Your job and mine as branches is to abide in the Vine.  The branch cannot help but bear fruit if it is abiding in the Vine.  It will happen.

By now, some of you are probably practicing what you are learning and I am glad, I am doing the same thing.  I received this little booklet a couple of months ago and started reading it and was so impressed, I asked the distributor if I could share it on my blog and he said absolutely.  So you are learning as I am learning.  I was so excited that I didn't finish reading it, I just started sharing it.  So I am reading it for the first time too, but I know it's true because I know the man that wrote it and he was a fine Christian man who spent the last ten years of his life in teaching people these principles and it has helped many people understand John 15.  He has other books too, His name is Frank Philips, he has spent his life sharing God's truths.  He has passed away now but I am sure he will be among the saved.  I pray that you are letting these lessons soak into your heart and mind and can apply them to your life and abide in Christ each and every day of your life from now on.  Life is so much easier when we abide in Christ daily and when we slip, repent and he will reconnect you to the Vine.  So simple but so hard for some people to surrender their all to Christ but it is well worth the effort. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment