Thursday, August 28, 2014

Human Love

    In the affairs of human love, if someone does something we don't like or wrongs us in some way, we tend to back up from them.  We withdraw our love and acceptance.  But God's heart doesn't work that way.  Paul says we have been "foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another"  Titus 3:3.NKJV.
When we see sin in people we despise them, although we are guilty ourselves.  God looks upon us in our wretched state and draws closer yet.  His undying, relentless love is not repelled or shut off by our sinfulness.  After describing our fallen condition so graphically, Paul astounds us right in the midst of our shame:  "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" Titus 3:4,5.
    God the Father sent Jesus to introduce His character to us.  He wants us to know Him through His Son in Christ the measureless love and unbounded kindness of the divine heart was acted out for all the world to see. We need never again question God's thoughts and feelings toward us.  In the unmistakable language of love, the life and death of Jesus proclaim that God is good and loving and kind.
     We all hold a portrait of God in our hearts.  What is He like according to your picture?  Are you drawn to the God you see?  Does His love surpass every earthly attraction?  Do you find yourself overwhelmed with adoration for Him?
     If not, maybe you need to take a closer look at His photo.  Perhaps you need to behold anew His beautiful image in the life and death of His Son.  For only when you truly see Jesus will you truly see God.

     O Lord, I do want to see You as You really are, through Jesus, the transparent medium of Your glory.  Impress my heart more and more deeply with the goodness of Your character.  Then I will serve You without fear all the days of my life.  Thank You for who You are.  I pray in the glorious name of Jesus.  Amen.

P.S.  So sorry I didn't get this up sooner.  I have been on the road to Wyoming right now and when I leave here to  Washington. I will put up my blog as long as I have internet here but after I leave I am going to try to have my friend in Oregon do them for me until  I get home in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment