Monday, November 20, 2017

Abiding - Constantly Accepting - Part 9

Now the Author says quoting Paul, "As you have therefore received Christ, so walk . . . "  There is nothing different about abiding than actually receiving Him.  Just as you accepted Christ initially, abiding in Him is constantly accepting!  And when we accepted Christ in the very first place, self was simply--to the very best of our knowledge at least--set side, and we accepted Him in His full Person to the point that He actually revealed Himself to us.

The problem you see, is that as we go along in life, He reveals Himself in greater measure, and therefore there are greater demands on our lives because we are actually supposed to be able to abide and conform to His  pattern.  And that's exactly what the branch does.  The branch does nothing but bear the leaves which enable the chemical processes to take place, taking the sap from the vine and producing fruit.  But the branch doesn't put any effort into it.  It doesn't because it was made to bear fruit!  You and I were made to bear fruit for God; to reflect His image--that's what He made us for from the very beginning.  Now notice, this is only possible in an effortless--and I mean exactly that--in an effortless manner!  The problem is that abiding, and fruit-bearing, and works, get all mixed up in our thinking.

I can vouch for that!  I had it all mixed up in my mind, the abiding an fruit-bearing and works and it was weighing heavily on my mind and the devil was trying to deceive me into thinking I need to bear the fruit in Galatians on my own and I didn't know how to do that and also that works was preying on my mind that I wasn't doing anything for God.  Now I know that if I abide in Him constantly that He does the fruit-bearing for me and also the works.  You can't imagine the burden that was lifted from my shoulders.  I am so grateful for this enlightenment on this subject, and we aren't through yet.  Hang in there and you will be blessed if you are sincerely seeking as I was.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment