Sunday, November 12, 2017

Back again! "Our relationship with God"

I am so sorry that I have been under the weather, it seems like it's just one thing and another, this time it was my lungs and so short of breath even at small exertions.  I hope you will all check back in again, I have something special to share with you that I think will give you peace in your heart and mind like nothing I have ever learned before.  God is so good!!!  I just have to share what He is doing in my life and can do in yours.   You will have to check in every day as I am going to do it in pieces and because I am still weak and expecting God to help me, I will do short studies to make it easy for you to grasp and easier for me to spend time with you.

"Our relationship with God".  or "Our relationship with Christ"  Whichever you prefer to call it.

In John 15, the subject is "abiding" which means, enduring, lasting, everlasting, eternal, unending, permanent, and steadfast.  They all mean the same thing, don't they?  Now let's read the first few verses in John 15.

John 15:1-8  "I am the vine and My Father is the husbandman.  Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away; and every branch that beareth fruit He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine;  no more can you except you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches:  He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing.  If a man abides not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire and they are burned.  If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  Herein is My Father glorified that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples."

If you can read these verses over a few times, then tomorrow we will start at verse one and explain these verses one by one.  Read them very carefully and try to think what God or Christ is saying to you.  Hint: God the Father is the husbandman and Christ is the vine.  This is soooo good you will really appreciate how simple it really is.  Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment