Monday, November 13, 2017

Our Relationship with God - cont. Part 2

Yesterday I shared John 15:1-8 and a little 'hint' that God is the husbandman and Christ is the vine.

Verse 2. "Every branch in me that bears not fruit He takes away and every branch that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit."

What is the fruit that God wants us to bear through Christ the vine?  Galatians 5:22,23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

These are the fruit that will be borne on every branch that is connected to the vine in Christ.  If we are abiding in Him we will develop the character traits of Jesus the vine of which we are attached.  This truth is pretty simple but because it is so simple, we skim right through it and don't apply it to our lives as we need to.

We need to abide in Him every minute of every day, so that He can purge our branch or us and cause us to bring forth more fruit as each day goes by.  My prayer for myself is:  "Lord Jesus, You are the vine and I am a branch and I want to bear fruit to Your glory all through this day, please keep me abiding continually in You and allow Your Spirit to cause me to bear more fruit to Your glory.  Thank you Jesus for blessing me with more of Your character traits."  Then you can continue to pray for those that you hope to influence by the new fruit that you are bearing.  Tomorrow is another part of John 15.  I hope God is impressing these truths upon your hearts and minds.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment