Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Form Of Godliness

2 Timothy 3:5 (first part)  "Having a form of godliness, but denying it's power."

SC 35  " Many accept an intellectual religion, a form of godliness, when the heart is not cleansed.  Let it be your prayer, 'Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit in me.' Psalm 51:10.  Deal truly with your own soul.  Be as earnest, as persistent, as you would be if your mortal life were at stake.  This is a matter to be settled between God and your own soul, settled for eternity.  A supposed hope, and nothing more, will prove your ruin.'
     Study God's word prayerfully.  That word presents before you, in the law of God and the life of Christ, the great principle of holiness, without which, 'no man shall see the Lord'. Hebrews 12:14.  It convinces of sin; it plainly reveals the way of salvation.  Give heed to it as the voice of God to your soul."

Let's study God's word and prayerfully pray, 'Create in me a clean heart, O God.'  Grandma Joan


PS.  This is the last blog for a few days, probably close to two weeks, however much time it takes to get to MO.  Then I have to get internet, please remember to check back in once in a while to see if I am back on.  I will miss all of you and miss sharing for a short time but I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment