Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Be Free

Psalm 139:23,24  "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

SC 34  "Christ is ready to set us free from sin, but He does not force the will; and if by persistent transgression the will itself is wholly bent on evil, and we do not desire to be set free, if we will not accept His grace, what more can He do?  We have destroyed ourselves by our determined rejection of His love.
'Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.'  'Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.'  2 Corinthians 6:2 & Hebrews 3:7,8.
     Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart'--the human heart, with it's conflicting emotions of joy and sorrow; the wandering wayward heart, which is the abode of so much impurity and deceit. 1 Samuel 16:7. He knows it motives, it's very intents and purposes. Go to Him with your soul all stained as it is.  Like the psalmist, throw it's chambers open to the all-seeing eye, exclaiming, 'Search me O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.' Psalm 139: 23,24."

Come with me and open your hearts wide open for the Spirit of God to come in and bless you with purity and joy.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment