Sunday, July 20, 2014

Confession Is Good For The Soul.

1 John 1:9  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

SC 41  "The examples in God's word of genuine repentance and humiliation reveal a spirit of confession of which there is no excuse for sin or attempt at self-justification.  Paul did not seek to shield himself; he paints his sin in it's darkest hue, not attempting to lessen his guilt.  He says, 'Many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.  And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.'  Acts 26:10,11.  He does not hesitate to declare that, 'Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.' 1 Timothy 1:15.
     The humble and broken heart, subdued by genuine repentance, will appreciate something of the love of God and the cost of Calvary; and as a son confesses to a loving father, so will the truly penitent bring all his sins before God.  And it is written, 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us out sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'  1 John 1:9."

How many times I have confessed the same sin because of stumbling over my inherited tendencies and also the ones I have made as a habit.  But it says that 'God is faithful and just to forgive' and I believe that with all my heart and it brings peace to my soul and it will do the same for you and as we repentant and confess we grow stronger and stronger in right doing and sin becomes hateful to us.  Try it, Oh, I know you will love the peace that it brings.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment