Tuesday, July 29, 2014

His Thoughts Toward Us Are Thoughts Of Mercy

SC53  "God does not deal with us as finite deal with one another.  His thoughts are thoughts of mercy, love and tenderest compassion.  He says, 'Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.'  'I have blotted out, as a thick cloud thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins.'  Isaiah 55:7; 44:22.
     'I have no pleasure in him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves and live ye.' Ezekiel 18:32.  Satan is ready to steal away the blessed assurances of God.  He desires to take away every glimmer of hope and every ray of light from the soul; but you must not permit him to do this.  Do not give ear to the tempter, but say, 'Jesus has died that I might live.  He loves me and wills not that I should perish.  I have a compassionate heavenly Father; and although I have abused His love, though the blessings He has given me I have squandered, I will arise and go to my Father and say, 'I have sinned against heaven, and before Thee, and am no more worthy to be called Thy son: make me as one of Thy hired servants.' The parable tells you how the wanderer will be received:  'When he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.  Luke 15: 18
     But even this parable, tender and touching as it is, comes short of expressing the infinite compassion of the heavenly Father.  The Lord declares by His prophet, 'I have loved thee with an everlasting love:  therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee.'  Jeremiah 33:3.  While the sinner is yet far from the Father's house, wasting his substance in a strange country, the Father's heart is yearning over him; and every longing awakened in the soul to return to God is but the tender pleading of His Spirit, wooing, entreating, drawing the wanderer to His Father's heart of love.
     With the rich promises of the Bible before you, can you give place to doubt?  Can you believe that when the poor sinner longs to return, longs to forsake his sins, the Lord sternly withholds him from coming to His feet in repentance?  Away with such thoughts!  Nothing can hurt your own soul more than to entertain such a conception of our heavenly Father.
     Look up, you who are doubting and trembling; for Jesus lives to make intercession for us.  Thank God for the gift of His dear Son and pray that He may not have died for you in vain.  The Spirit invites you today.  Come with your whole heart to Jesus, and you may claim His blessing."

Will you come.  I will, cast all your burdens at His feet and He will accept you.  I promise.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment