Thursday, October 30, 2014

Perfect Peace

Do you have peace in your heart?  Sometimes we don't and sometimes it seems to leave us. I love to have peace in my heart and this morning I found a quote in the Desire of Ages just for me and thought I would share it with you.  DA 330.

"In the heart of Christ, where reigned perfect harmony with God, there was perfect peace.  He was never elated by applause, not dejected by censure or disappointment.  Amid the greatest opposition and the most cruel treatment, He was still of good courage.  But many who profess to be His followers have an anxious, troubled heart, because they are afraid to trust themselves with God.  They do not make a complete surrender to Him; for they shrink from the consequences that such a surrender may involve.  Unless they do this they cannot find peace.
     Those who take Christ at His word, and surrender their souls to His keeping, their lives to His ordering, will find peace and quietude.  Nothing in the world can make them sad, when Jesus makes them glad by His presence.  In perfect surrender there is perfect peace."

Do you like this quote?  It is the answer to the peace question, isn't it?  We must make that surrender to have that perfect peace.  I want to have that kind of peace in my heart, don't you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment