Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Invitation

Usually we don't invite ourselves to a dinner or party, do we?  Sometimes I've heard of people crashing a party, which to me it means going uninvited.  And sometimes it is acceptable.

I have the greatest invitation ever given and so do you.  It's found in Matthew 11:28, "Come unto  Me all ye that labor and are heavy-laden and I will give you rest."  In my weakened condition I found that I could do almost nothing, and this morning for my personal worship I read the following quote from the 'Desire of Ages" p. 329.

"He is watching over you, trembling child of God.  Are you tempted?  He will deliver.  Are you weak?  He will strengthen.  Are you ignorant?  He will enlighten.  Are you wounded?  He will heal.
The Lord 'telleth the number of the stars', and yet 'He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.' Ps. 147:4,3.  'Come unto Me', is His invitation.  Whatever your anxieties and trials spread out your case before the Lord.  Your spirit will be braced for endurance....The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength."

What a promise at this time in my life.  It is for you too.  We can go forward with Him  watching over us, can't we?  I am blessed today with this promise, I hope you are too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment