Saturday, January 21, 2017

A Relentless pursuit

Have you every been pursued by a policeman, or by a boyfriend or girlfriend?  If so you know what it's like.  When my boys tried the world out for a while, they use to tell me how they ducked cops and escaped their pursuit and I heard it so much there for a while, that I would dream of being pursued by the cops and escaping.  That may sound funny and I guess it was but it helps me understand what being pursued is all about.

Luke 15:4-6  "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?  And when He has found it, He lays it on His shoulders, rejoicing.  And when He comes home, He calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with Me, for I have found My sheep that was lost." This is the story of Jesus relentlessly searching for that one lost sheep. And when it is found He carries it home on His shoulders, rejoicing that He has found me or you and there is rejoicing in heaven over our being found.

John 10:14  "I am the Good Shepherd; and I know My Sheep, and am known by My own.  As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father, and I lay down My life for the sheep."

Jesus is the Good Shepherd and He knows who are His and He laid down His life for the sheep, not just His sheep but all the sheep.

John 10:27,28  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."

His sheep hear His voice and He knows them and they follow Him and His gift to them is eternal life and they will never perish.  Why? because they follow Him and no one can snatch them out of His hand.

Study the life of Jesus through the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and you will see the meaning of following Him.  This will give you a little or big study to do on your own.  Jesus is a gentle Shepherd.

Isaiah 40:11  "He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arms, And carry them in His bosom.  And gently lead those who are with young."  See how loving and gentle He is and how relentlessly He pursues us till we surrender to Him and He can take complete care of us and change us into His likeness.

I don't want you to think it is a quick fix to surrender our all to Jesus.  It is not.  It can be the hardest task you have ever undertaken and it will probably be the work of a lifetime, because we live in a world overtaken with evil and hate and just about every evil that you can think of.  We see it, and hear some of it every day and some of us have been completely overcome by some of it or all of it.  I don't know your circumstances but I do know how to obtain eternal life and even here have all the joys that God has planned for those that follow him.  I am a happy Christian, do I fall?  oh yes, but not like I use to.  There is great joy in following Jesus and the closer we come to Him through our study of His word, the less of the world we appreciate, seriously, we learn what to avoid and what to hold on to.

My prayers are with each one of you that read my blog.  I don't know your names or your circum-stances but I do know that the shape this old world is in, most of us desire a better land where all this evil is put in the past.  I do and that is what my prayer will be for you that you will desire Christ so much that you can't turn Him down in His relentless search for you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment