Monday, January 23, 2017

The Peace That Passes All Understanding

Have you seen countenances that look troubled and full of concern? I have, and you know what?  Just a smile can change that for them.  I try to smile at everyone I meet, I forget sometimes when I'm thinking about what I'm doing, but everyone deserves a smile.  Everyone deserves kindness, try letting someone go ahead of you at the check out and see how much they appreciate it, they only have two or three items and I have a basket full.  I always receive a grateful thank you.  It does my heart good too.  You may have made their day.  It's hard to tell how far a little kindness will go.  But we are going to talk about a peace that passes all understanding today.  Almost everyone needs a peaceful heart, just look around you and you will see their need.  You may need peace and I know I do, so let's check it out.  We'll go back to the check out line in another blog.

Philippians 4:7  "And the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Psalm 29:11  "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."

Psalm 119:165  "Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing shall offend them."

Isaiah 26:3  "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You.  Because he trusts in You."

John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid."

Isaiah 54:10  "For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed; says the Lord who has mercy on you."

Romans 5:1 "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:6  "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

Romans 12:18  "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men."

Romans 15:13  "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

I hope this little study has given you peace and that you realize how much our Heavenly Father wants us to have the peace that we cannot even understand though we try so hard to grasp it.  It is through believing that He has promised to give us joy and peace and hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
May God bless you with the peace of heaven.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment