Saturday, January 21, 2017

In Christ

It is such a privilege to be 'In Christ', I don't know if I can give this little study justice, but I will try.  I may have to continue on to the next blog.  We will see.  I will try to get my meaning across with some of the things that have happened to me, that  I feel are miraculous.  I'm sure many of you have similar stories, and it would be nice to hear them.

2 Corinthians 5:17  "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation:  Old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

Ezekiel 36: 25-28  "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean;  I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgements and do them."

How does all this take place, don't ask me but I know from experience that it does.  For example, it has always been hard for me to see someone prosper and for me not to prosper as they have.  Call it whatever you want.  Without thinking, I find myself now rejoicing over others prosperity, even big corporations, it doesn't seem to matter who, it is always a pleasure for me to see it.  I didn't ask for that, when my heart changed so did my thinking.  When my stony heart was removed and replaced with a heart of flesh, I find myself more friendly and loving to everyone.  This is very exciting to me.
Before I was critical, cold, and nearly friendless.  Now I love everyone, am warm and friendly and try very hard not to pick up on my critical spirit. I hated crowds and didn't like church, or much of anything that had to do with people. I can't describe it but I sure can describe the way I am now and I take no credit for it because all I have done to be like this is to surrender it all to Jesus and He has done the rest, I didn't even know some of it was happening until it happened. This is the truth.

1 Peter 2:24,25  "Who Himself bore out sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, (surrendering our sins) might live for righteousness by whose stripes we are healed.  For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your soul." I have returned.  I guess I was lukewarm and didn't take God's promises for real, but now I know they are real and for me and for you.  Don't be lukewarm, be on fire with the blessings He bestows when you surrender your sins to Him.  I have a story to tell and an experience to share.  Praise God.

Do you see what  happened to our sins?  Christ bore them in His own body on the cross so we could die to ours and in doing this we might be healed by His stripes, (the floggings He received).  Have you received His healing power in your life, if you have I praise the Lord, if you haven't I beg you to let go of your selfish ways and submit to Christ's ways, it's totally wonderful.  I haven't attained yet but I believe I am on my way.  More later.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment