Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Thy Word is Food for the Soul

If you are like me, you long to know more and more.  The more you study the word the more you want to study.  The Bible has some things to say about that.  His word is food for our soul.

Deuteronomy 8:3  "And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."

Job 23:12  "Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."

Psalm 119:103  "How sweet are Thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

Jeremiah 15:16  "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart; for I am called by Thy name, O Lord God of hosts."

1 Peter 2:2  "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"

What I got from this little study is that if we want to grow spiritually, we need to fill our hearts and minds with His word.  The same as we fill our tummy's with food.  Our spiritual food is the word of God. Let's get filled with His word.  Grandma Joan






No comments:

Post a Comment