Thursday, January 19, 2017

Benefits received from the Word of God

There are all kinds of benefits, Insurance benefits, job benefits, health benefits, government benefits, VA benefits, Social Security benefits, death benefits and then there is Spiritual Benefits.  All of those are good benefits usually but the Spiritual benefits are the best of all because there is nothing left out  that will benefit our spiritual life.  I would like to encourage you today by listing some of these excellent benefits from the Word of God.  The first     are from Psalm 119.  A benefit is something that is an advantage to us or is for our well-being, or something we can gain.  So lets see what some of them are.

Psalm 119:18  "Open mine eyes that I may see wondrous things from your law."  We are asking Him to open our eyes so that He may reveal things to us from His law.  A Revelation.

Psalm 119:25  "Revive me according to your Word". According to His word we can have a revival."

Psalm 119:28  "Strengthen me according to your Word."  We will receive strength from His word.

Psalm 119:99  "I have more understanding then all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation."  We will receive wisdom from His word.

Psalm 119:105  "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."  His word is a light to guide us.

Psalm 119:165  "Great peace have they that love your law, and nothing shall offend the."  His word gives us peace.

These verses reveal to us the benefits that we will receive through His word.  They are: We will have a revelation of things from His word.  We can have a revival from His word.  We can be strengthened by reading His word.  We will receive wisdom by reading His word. His word is a light to guide us through life, and we can have great peace so that nothing can offend us.

It seems to me that this covers a lot of areas of our life.  A lot more than earthly benefits do, at least in my humble opinion.  Our heavenly benefits are priceless, are they not? I challenge you to apply His words to your life and watch these benefits come to life.  It's worth every effort.  I have even noticed things changing in my life that I didn't ask for and it is wonderful to see how God works each day as we submit our will into His will.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment