Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Word Written in Our Hearts

I want God's Word to be written in my mind and heart, don't you?  And the way to achieve this is to study His word daily and let His words sink in to our thinking.  I don't memorize as good as I use to but I like to try once in a while when I find a text that really means a whole lot to me and it helps me in my daily walk. I think our minds would benefit greatly by memorization.

Deuteronomy 6:6  "And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart."

Deuteronomy 11:18  "Therefore shall ye lay up these, My words in your heart and in your soul and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes."

Psalm 119:11  "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

Luke 2:51  "And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart."

Romans 10:8  "But what saith it?  The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach:"

Colossians 3:16  "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

Wouldn't you just love to have the words of Christ dwelling in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spirituals songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord?  I would just love to be like that all the time, but it takes effort and a willingness to spend the time, it doesn't come automatically.  Pray for a willing heart to do this and you will be blessed.  I guarantee it.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment