Tuesday, June 6, 2017

An Overcomer, Is It Possible?

There is s doctrine going around that we can be saved in our sin.  I have a question to ask you and I have thought about it quite a bit.  If we are saved in our sin instead of from our sin, how will heaven be any different than this earth is now?  If we take sin into heaven we might as well stay here and enjoy our sin for the time we are here. It doesn't exist in heaven so lets see what we can do to assure our home in heaven.

Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Lets remember this verse as we study the others.

Psalm 3:3  "But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head." When we are down and out and feel depressed with our life, God is our shield and our glory and will lift us up.

Psalm 16:8  "I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."

Psalm 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm119:50  "This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life."  His word will give us life as long as we read and study it for it's life-giving messages.  And there are plenty of those in the Bible, we just need to search them out and if we are sincere it will become fun to search them out and will be life-saving to us.  I can vouch for that.

Psalm120:1  "In my distress I cried to the Lord, and He heard me."  This is so true, Satan has been trying to beat me down for a month now and I keep asking God to deliver me from this dark cloud that He is trying to discourage me with, and when I turn to the word as I am now, He lifts it.  He truly does.

Proverbs 3:5,6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."  In other words, don't trust yourself to lift you up, Trust in God to do it and acknowledge that it is God that does it, Give Him all the glory when He has answers your prayer for help.

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed; for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Luke 1:37  "For with God nothing will be impossible."

John 16:33  "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace, in the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  If He has overcome the world, do you think He doesn't have the power to give you the same overcoming power and is more than willing to give us that power all in His name.

Romans 8:37  "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

1 Corinthians 15:57  "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Timothy 1:7  "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."

1 John 4:4  "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."  This is our hope, because we belong to God, we can be overcomers, because of His greatness in us we can do it.  please don't give up to Satan's illusions.
He is trying to destroy all of us but we have a power much higher and greater in us than anything he has to use against us.  When you are tempted or even overcome by satan, if all you can say is, 'Jesus save me' He will save you if you ask.  Remember you are God's child and He loves you like He loves His Son and nothing is impossible with Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment