Friday, June 16, 2017

Promises in Mathew

 I am going to share some promises with you from the Bible and there is a reason for this.  God has told us in  2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

God has told US that He has given us exceeding great and precious promises so that we can be partakers of His divine nature and by accepting His precious promises we will escape the corruption that is in this world.  So because of this I want to help you and while I am helping you I will be helping myself to have more faith and more trust in Him and in His promises.  It might be a good idea when you are reading these promises, to list them under headings.  I haven't been able to do that yet but I think its a good idea, that way when a problem comes up you will have several promises under that heading to depend on, don't forget they are exceeding great and precious promises and they will cause us to become partakers of His divine nature, which is what I want most of all.

God has given me a heart full of love for most all people, He is still helping me to love everyone and I am anxious to His full love to fill me.  This is just one thing He has done for me.  There are many and maybe I can share some as we go along in our studies.

Mathew 6:31-33  "Therefore take no thought, saying.  What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or Where withal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)  For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."

I would like to add in here that the last sentence of those verses is the condition on all God's promises.  In other words, why would He make promises to us like this if we were living in sin and didn't want to live any better?  It just makes sense that His promises are for those that want to be a partaker of His divine nature, just like 2 Peter says.  We must take God's word just as it reads if we want to be able to partake of His promises.

Mathew 11:28-30 "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and My burden is light."

Yoke up to Jesus, He wants to give you rest and His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  It takes all your worries away because He has the solutions that you are needing and He wants to share them with you.  It is the only way to live, I want to learn more about these promises that He has given us, don't you?  We need His presence in our lives so that we can become partakers of His great and precious  promises and become a partaker of His divine nature.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment