Monday, June 5, 2017

Pride - 2

Some more on pride.  Since it is the root of all sin, it might be a good idea to do a second study on it.
Have you every noticed that it is hard to be friends with a proud person.  Since I've been there and done that, I sense what it is like to try to be friends with or even live with someone who has a proud heart.  They are very critical and hard to please and sometimes just plain obnoxious.  I hate to think I might have been like that at one time.  God forbid that I should take that path again.  I want to be a humble servant to God and just love people for who they are and not for who I want them to be.

Psalm 10:4  "The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts."

Romans 12:16  "Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.  Do not be wise in your own opinion."

1 Corinthians 13:4  "Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; does not parade itself, is not puffed up."

1 Samuel 2:3  "Talk no more so very proudly; let no arrogance come from your mouth, for the Lord is the God of knowledge; and by Him actions are weighted."

Psalm 5:5  "The boastful shall not stand in Your sight, You hate all workers of iniquity."  God does not hate the individual but hates the sin that is being held on to.

Psalm 17:10  "They have closed up their fat heartts; with their mouths they speak proudly."

Psalm 94:4  "They utter speech, and speak insolent things; all the workers of iniquity boast of themselves."

Isaiah 13:11  "I will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their iniquity; I will halt the arrogance of the proud and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible."

Galatians 6:7,8  "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.  For he who sows to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit, will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."

I want to reap everlasting life, don't you?  Life is too short to waste it on pride and conceit.  It is so much fun to love others and be a humble servant to them.  My joy now is to love people and be a humble friend.  The love in return is worth more than anything I can think of in this world.  I know someone that everytime they talk it is about all the things they are doing for the Lord, they are head this and head that in the church and hold numerous offices and thats all they talk about is what they are doing for the Lord.  Is it for the Lord or for their own ego?  You be the judge.  I can hardly hold a conversation with them, it is so nauseating.  I pray that God will have mercy on us and lead us in the way everlasting and not let us get caught up in the pride arena.  Keep us your humble servants, Lord Jesus.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment