Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Promises from the Book of Galatians








For some reason, I always think of the books Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians as the little gospels, I guess because they are full of helps for our walk with God.  I love to read them and there are lots of promises here to so today we will do the book of Galatians.

Galatians 2:20  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
This verse tells us that when we accept Christ, it is no longer us that lives, it is Christ that lives in us.
And we live this life by faith in Christ who loves us and gave His life for us.  This is why we can be growing into the character of Christ day by day, hour by hour.

Galatians 3:13,14  "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, 'cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree'.)  That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."
The law points out sin in our lives and when we are redeemed from the curse of the law, we are not living under the curse any longer because we have Christ in us and we will be blessed like faithful Abraham and receive the promise of the Spirit of God, through faith like Abraham had.

Galatians 3:26-29  "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew or Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ's then you are Abraham's seed, and heir's according to the promise."
We are all Sons of God through faith in Christ.  When we are baptized (by immersion) we have been washed clean from all sin and can start a new life in Christ and if we are Christ's then we are of the lineage of Abraham and heir's according to the promise.

Galatians 6:8 last part.  "He who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Whoever shares his faith with others will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Galatians 6:15,16  "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.  And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon those and upon the Israel of God."
In Christ what counts is that we are a new creation and we will walk in this life like Christ walked. 
Peace and mercy will be upon us.

This was not a long study but a very rewarding one.  There is a saying that, 'it is easier to be saved than to be lost'.  I believe that is a true saying and the reason being.  When we are living in sin and know it, we are burdened with guilt and that guilt never leaves us until we surrender our lives to Christ and then we are from that guilt that holds us in bondage.  Does that make sense?  It seems to me that it is much easier to live in Christ than to be burdened down with the sins of this world.  I would be totally miserable in that condition.  Christ is coming, let's be ready.  Grandma Joan

PS.  I am having a heart valve replacement tomorrow after noon around 2:00 o'clock.  Would appreciate the prayers of any of you that would like to pray for me.  I won't be posting for a couple of days at least, maybe more if I'm in need of more care.  Please don't go away, I will be back in at least four days and hopefully two.  Thank you for your prayers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment