Monday, June 26, 2017

Promises from the Book of Second Corinthians

There are so many promises in the Bible, that it covers everything that we need, I'm sure.  Like I suggested in one of the other studies, it might be wise to categorize each promise that you read under a special heading according to subject.  That way when you need assurance for some certain thing you can find it easy.  Just a thought.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ."  God is our merciful Father and comforts us in all our trials so that we also may comfort others in their trials.

2 Corinthians 2:14  "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place."  Always leads us to victory in Christ,

2 Corinthians 3:17,18  "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.  But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."  See how we have all the help we need to transform our lives into the same image as our Lord.  Isn't it wonderful!!

2 Corinthians 4:16  "Therefore we do not lose heart.  Even though the outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day."  Our bodies might be getting older and we may not be the person we were a few years ago, but don't lose heart.  Even so, our inward man is being renewed day by day.  I love that.

2 Corinthians 5:7  "For we walk by faith, not by sight.

2 Corinthians 6:2  "For He says, 'In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you."

2 Corinthians 6:16-18  "And what agreement has the temple of God with idols?  For you are the temple of the living God.  As God has said, 'I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  Therefore come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.  Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you, and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."  The last three verses are pretty well understood without any comments from me, but just want to say I love for Him to be my Father and to be His daughter.  It is a wonderful thought.

2 Corinthians 7:1  "Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord."  This is what God wants us to do, to let Him forgive us and cleanse us from all sin and let Him perfect us in holiness.

2 Corinthians 12:9,10  "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I am 86 years old, and I am still able to study and show myself approved unto God.  So there is hope for all because when we are weak, through Christ we are made strong.  So many promises, mean so much to me.  Without them I would not be growing more and more like Him each day until my life is over and I know if I stay close to Him and His word, I will be saved, it is a wonderful thought and takes little effort to follow Him because He gives us the strength and all we need to stay close to Him.
Take heart my friend and spend time with Him each day, read these promise studies over and over if you have to, until you are strong in the faith and through Christ able to have the victories that you need.  I don't know what your need is but I do know that He is faithful who has promised.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment