Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Promises from the Book of John

Just a note.  I am out of town and wasn't able to get on the internet for the last two or three days.  So sorry.  I believe I can now, so thanks for being patient.  Still sharing promises which are so very important.

These promises are so faith building, I must keep sharing for my own personal benefit, even if no one else benefits.  I love God's promises and must remind you that we must seek Him daily to benefit from them in their fullness.  Remember God loves everyone, sinners and all and many times He leads us in unknown paths to cause us to seek Him fully and then we realize all the things we have missed.  If you feel like I do, I wish I could live my life over, but I know that I can't but I can start over today and renew my walk with God and go on from here.  Great Blessing involved.

John 8:31,32  "Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  This is how to become a disciple of Christ's.  A great promise.

John 8:36  "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."  Free from what?  Free from sin which causes ALL our problems.  Can you imagine being FREE INDEED.  

John 10:27,28  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I gave them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."  Are we His sheep, I hope so, I want to belong to Him totally.

John 12:25,26  "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.  If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also.  If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor."  I believe that the reason we should hate our lives as it says is because we often have to fall at the feet of Jesus in repentance and we hate it when we fail Him, but if we lose our life in Him we sill serve Him and His Father will honor us, not that we are seeking honor but just because He loves us so much.

John 12:35,36  "Then Jesus said to them, 'A little while longer the light is with you.  Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.  While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light."  When we turn our backs on God, darkness does overtake us, but it doesn't have to be permanent, we should repent and turn around, God loves us and is a gracious, forgiving God.  Don't forget that.

John 14:1-3  "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; If it were not so I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."  There you have it, He is coming to get His children and is preparing a place for them while He is absent from us. So let's not be troubled, let's believe God's promise to return for us, if we are faithful.  I want to be one of those, don't you?

John 14:12-18  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.  And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.  If you love Me keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.  The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

These are the most wonderful promises, if we want to be partakers of them we must seek the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding.  It is dangerous and I mean dangerous to interpret scripture to our own understanding if we don't like what it says.  Satan is ready to interpret it for us if we have that mindset.  Take the Bible as it reads, I cannot emphasize that enough. Also be careful how you put it together.  It is the best to let the Holy Spirit lead you in your study, then there will be no mistake.  God loves you and wants you to understand His will for you, so seek him daily and you will come off victorious in Him.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment