Wednesday, June 21, 2017

More Promises from the Book of John

The Book of John is full of promises.  I hope you are not tired of me referring to them, they mean so much to me and I am hoping to strengthen your faith too as it has mine.

John 14:21  "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.  And He who loves Me will be loved of My Father, and I will manifest (reveal) Myself to him."  He does reveal Himself to us in many ways, in guiding us in the right way when we don't know which way to turn.  He gives us warnings when something is wrong, He warned me one evening to get to the ER now, and I did and was losing blood internally and had to have two pints to bring my blood count up.  I knew I was weak but had been told I was making it up, so listen to God.  He has other ways of warning us too.  We must guard our reputation by choosing proper friends.  God will guide us in the right way if we are willing.

John 14:23  "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."  When He lives within us by His Holy Spirit, we will never be the same again.  We want Him to make His home with us.

John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I cannot describe the peace God gives us when we willingly give our hearts to Him.  It really is out of this world, it is from above.

John 15:3-8  "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you will be My disciples."  These verses tell it just exactly how it is with God and how we can glorify His name.  God wants us to have His divine nature so we can glorify Him totally and do and say the things that glorify His name.  We must abide in Him daily and daily partake of His divine nature through His promises and believing in them.

John 15:16  "You did not choose Me but I have chosen you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."  God has chosen you to be one of His followers, will you answer His call?  The blessings are beyond our imagination!  All must be done out of love for Him and for what He has done to save us.

John 20:29-31  "Jesus said to him, 'Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.  Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.  And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."  It is easy to believe when we can see it, but to believe in a God we cannot see takes faith, and faith is a gift from God so we really have no excuse for not believing.  Can you step out in faith and believe that you can have His divine nature through belief in His promises.  Study the promises, the more you read them the stronger your faith will become.  He doesn't ask us to believe without a reason, He gives us plenty of reasons for believing.  Pray for faith and for the gift of His Holy Spirit.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment