Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Are We Abiding? -Part 43

I'm curious to know what this says about whether I am abiding or not.  It's one thing to learn something and another thing to not let it affect my life because I like things the way they are and I don't want to change.  A deliberate denial of truth, which can only mean that I'm not interested in what God wants to do with me, I'm only interested in what I want to do with God, which is totally turned around backwards.  I'm confronted with the fact that few people want to hear what God wants with our life and are contented with continuing on in their blindness.  God help us to see the light and let God work in our life to become like Him in all respects.  This study may a little enlightening or it may be a lot, not sure of where you are at, I know where I'm at and I need help.  Grandma Joan

Now the study: Are We Abiding?

Here Jesus was bringing up a subject that not only greatly confused them, but one they resisted even hearing about.  Jesus went right on:"....continue ye in My love.  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love" John 15:9,10.  The Lord Jesus Christ had come to planet Earth because His Father had sent Him, and He had willingly volunteered to take on the role of Savior of mankind.  Therefore the Scriptures can rightly say,"....God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.  So Jesus said, "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.  If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love"  John 15:9,10.  Then Jesus proceeded to list the commandments in the next few verses:

"These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.  This is My commandment, That ye love one another; as I have loved you."  John 15:11,12.  This commandment indicates whether I am abiding in Christ or not.

So now we know how to know whether we are abiding in Christ or not, by whether we keep His commandments or whether we do not.  Usually we have excuses for not keeping all of them.  We either say, 'well, everyone else is doing it so I guess it must be OK". or we say, 'I don't see anything wrong with the way I am so I will ignore that one.  What is my excuse?  What is yours?  Let's be honest and fair with our answers and confess our indifference and repent of our waywardness and come back to the fact that we need to abide in Christ all the time, not just when we feel like it.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment