Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Branch's Giving Capacity of Love - Part 46

The giving capacity that characterizes this kind of love is only possible when God dwells within.  It goes without saying that self clamors for first place from the very first moment. From that first breath to the final one, self will not only continue to manifest itself, but will grow larger and consider itself more important every step of the way, unless the Lord Jesus is invited to dwell within.This self-centeredness cannot be changed without a new source of life.  That is why the old nature has to completely die and the new divine nature invited in, to create something that we human beings are utterly incapable of producing within ourselves.

Christ and His love are inseparable and identical.  If you have the one; you have the other; if you lack the one; you lack the other.  "Christ and His love are inseparable; they are identical.  God is love, and Christ is love.  God and Christ and the divine love can only be known by having them...."  You won't understand love by knowing about it; you can believe all you want about the love of God but still not understand it; you can write all the poetry you want about love, and you can express your feelings about love and all the other emotions of life, but you still won't understand the love of God.  "God and Christ and the divine love can only be known by having them, by Their life and power working within us"--there is no other way!  Jesus put it this way:  "This is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent". John 17:3

We must invite Christ and His love into our being to be able to experience it and to tell the truth, I want to have as much as He can give me.  There are people out there that are not lovable and I need His love poured out in my life so I can even love my enemies if I have any and I'm sure I do, even if I don't know who they are.  I sincerely want to be like Jesus in every aspect of life and I know it's possible if only I will submit to His will for me.  I have found that there isn't much happiness in this world without Him and I have been struggling but this little book that I am sharing with you has helped me a great deal and I know it will help me more as I study it.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment