Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Christ Will Lift Us Up

James 4:19  "Humble yourself in the the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

MB 11  "Our heavenly Father is never unmindful of those whom sorrow has touched.  When David went up the Mount Olivet, 'and wept as he went up, and had his head covered, and he went barefoot'  2 Samuel 2:15, the Lord was looking pityingly upon him.  David was clothed in sackcloth, and his conscience was scourging him.  The outward signs of humiliation testified of his contrition.  In tearful, heartbroken utterances he presented his case to God, and the Lord did not forsake His servant.  Never was David dearer to the heart of the Infinite Love than when, conscience smitten, he fled for his life from his enemies, who had been stirred to rebellion by his own son.  The Lord says, 'As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore, and repent.'   Revelation 3:19.  Christ lifts up the contrite heart and refines the mourning soul until it becomes His abode."

It's so good to know that God is mindful of our sorrow and is touched by it.  He has lifted me up out of my sorrow and refined my mourning until it becomes His abode.  I pray that He is abiding in me.  I just trust Him one day at a time.  I love that song, 'One Day at a Time.  I wish I had a recording of it.  Music is such a soothing thing for a troubled soul.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment