Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Healing Jesus

I'm so sorry I have missed the last two days, please forgive.  I have been moving out of my home into a motorhome and just so busy I forgot to post.  Thank you all for your patience and love through all this.

One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard is entitled 'The Healing Jesus'.  I would love to have it on my ipod.  Not sure where to find it.  Anyway, I found the most beautiful description of The Healing Jesus and want to share that with you.

Matthew 4:23,24  "And Jesus went about all Gallilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing  all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.  Then His fame went through out all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon possessed, epileptics, and paralytics and He healed them.

SC 11 "In describing His earthly mission, Jesus said, 'The Lord hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.'  Luke 4:18.  This was His work.  He went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by Satan.  There were whole villages where there was not a moan of sickness in any house, for He had passed through them and healed all their sick.  His work gave evidence of His divine anointing.  Love, mercy, and compassion were revealed in every act of His life.  His heart went out in tender sympathy to the children of men.  He took man's nature, that He might reach man;s wants.  The poorest and humblest were not afraid to approach Him.  Even little children were attracted to Him.  They loved to climb upon His knees and gaze into the pensive face, benignant with love."

Wouldn't you have loved to have been there?  I would.  But we can have His presence with us even now if we so decide.  It is up to us whether we spend time with Him or not, isn't that right?  I hope you decide it is worth it all.  I have. I have been touched by the Healing Jesus more than once and I would love to be touched again.  How about you?   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment