Thursday, November 6, 2014

Are You Weak?

I have been so weak now for three months and it is so slow in returning to my normal self and sometimes I wonder if I ever will.  I know my age isn't helping me but I've always worked so hard and not only that taking care of my husband for several years, I kind of became isolated from society except for the nurses at the nursing home where he was the last seven months of his life.  Now I am struggling to become normal again, whatever normal is.  So my son tried to help yesterday see that God could step in and make me normal again and then I read this:

DA 827  "All who consecrate soul, body, and spirit to God will be constantly receiving a new endowment of physical and mental power.  The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command.  Christ gives them the breath of His own spirit, the life of His own life.  The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in heart and mind.  The grace of God enlarges and multiplies their faculties, and every perfection of the divine nature comes to their assistance in the work of saving souls.  Through co-operation with Christ they are complete in Him, and in their human weakness they are enabled to do the deeds of Omnipotence."

That was so encouraging to me because of my condition.  So now I am praying for God to do just what it says He will do.  I just need to surrender to His will for me.  I am anxious to see just what He will do for this old lady at this time in my life.  I will keep you posted as long as I am able to blog.  I hope it will be a while before I have to give this up, but we will see.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment