Saturday, May 27, 2017

Are there Promises For the Aged?

I am 86 years old and I have thought about my age a lot, are there promises for me when I am feeble and have a bad heart valve and am headed for surgery soon for that.  I need all the help I can get from God and I need the hope that is in His promises.  I like to take them personally.  Maybe some of you are my age or even older and I am sure you will appreciate these promises as I do. 

Psalm 71:9  "Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails."  This can be our prayer as we get older and our strength is failing.  I never dreamed I would live this long and have as good of health that I have.  It is a miracle in itself.

Psalm 37:25,26  "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous begging bread.  He is ever merciful and lends; and his descendants are blessed."

Isaiah 46:4  "Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and I will deliver you."  What a promise that He will carry us, He has made us and He will carry us and deliver us.

Psalm 71:18  "Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God, do not forsake me, untilI I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come."  I am hoping that He will allow me to continue my blogging after my heart surgery and declare His strength to those I talk to and love, even my studies here on this blog.

Psalm 92:14  "They shall still bear fruit in old age, they shall be fresh and flourishing."  I will claim this promise as I continue my journey here.

Psalm 92:15  "To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him."

Proverbs 16:31  "The silver haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness."

This has been a wonderful study, and it has added strength to my old age and hopefully my silver hair is a crown of glory, I want to be found in the way of righteousness.  I hope someone has been blessed by this study as much as I have.  I needed these verses very much.  It has strengthened my faith and I know that God is watching over me.  How about you?  I pray that you have been blessed.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment