Friday, May 5, 2017

Christ Dwelling in Our Temple - 2

The other day we studied about being the temple of God and I hope it sparked an  interest in how this all happens.  The following study will provide us with information on this study.

It is Revealed in the Coming of the Holy Spirit

John 14:20  "At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you."
               We in Christ and Christ in us.  

Demonstrates to the World Christ's Mission

John 17:23  "I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and has loved them, as Thou has loved Me."
                 Another clarification that I in them and Thou in Me and that God loves us as He loves His Son.

The Old Life Dies that the New may Live

Galatians 2:20  "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                 Our old sinful life must die so Christ can live in us and then we will live by the faith of the Son of God who loves us so much, He gave Himself for us.

Obtained by Faith

Ephesians 3:17,18,19  "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
                 I believe these verses explain themselves very well, such a promise is overwhelming!!

A Glorious Mystery

Colossians 1:27  "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."
                  A mystery which we cannot understand but only experience.  And I know it is true because I have experienced it and I am sure many of you have.

Obedience Essential to

1 John 3:24  "And he that keeps His commandments dwells in him, and He in him, and hereby we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us."
                 If we want Christ to dwell in us, it says that 'we must keep His commandments.  Maybe we should look up the commandments Exodus 20 and see if we are keeping them, so that for sure Christ can dwell in us.

Possible to All

Revelation 3:20  "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him , and will sup with him, and he with Me."         


                  So important to answer the door when Christ knocks and all can open the door and invite Him in.  No one is denied that privilege.  If we are willing to be made willing, He will make us willing to serve Him and be a temple for Him to dwell in.  Oh, how I want to be that kind of temple that Christ can live in and direct each moment of my life by His Holy Spirit.  I pray that you will be willing to be made willing and that you will invite Him in.  Grandma Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment