Sunday, May 7, 2017

Being An Overcomer

Overcoming means to prevail over temptation, to conquer.  How do we overcome our weaknesses, our failures.  Let's see what the scripture says about it.

Psalm 3:3  "But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head."

Psalm 16:8  "I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." 

Psalm 27:1  "TheLord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 118:14  "The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation."

Psalm 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life."

Psalm 120:1  "In my distress, I cried to the Lord and He heard me."

Proverbs 3:5,6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

Proverbs 18:10  "The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe."

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 26:3  "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

These are such encouraging promises, I just love them.  We should have no fear if we trust in His loving care over us.  Overcoming is not a problem if we surrender our all to Him and let Him give us the power and the strength to do it.  He is more than willing, we just need to ask Him to make us willing to be willing to surrender our all to Him so that we can abide with Him all day every day. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment