Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Practical Christianity

This study is taken from 1 Corinthians chapter 13.  I have been impressed to try to put this into my very own words to help me understand it better and what real practical Christianity is and I believe it has helped me a lot.  You might try the same thing and get different wording that will help you more. As long as we don't change the meaning, which I don't think I did, but you be the judge, we don't want to do that.  I tried very hard not to but I think I made it simple enough for me to get the idea of what was being portrayed here.  Be blessed.

Even if I can talk like learned men and even angels, and do not have love in my heart for them, I am just making a lot of noise.

And if I can prophecy and understand all mysteries and have all kinds of knowledge and all kinds of faith so that I can accomplish the impossible, I don't amount to much of anything without love.

And if I give everything I have to take care of the poor, and even if I give my body up to be burned and I don't do it out of love, it isn't going to do me any good.

Love is long-suffering and is very kind, love has no envy in it and there is no pride and does not get puffed up over anything.

Love does not behave in any wicked way and does not seek to benefit it's self and does not get easily angry and doesn't think about evil things.

Love does not rejoice and get happy in sin but rejoices in the truth of God's word.  Love bears everything that comes to it and believes all of God's word and hopes in all of God's word and will endure until the end of all things.

Love never fails but prophecies may fail, talking may cease and knowledge may disappear because we only know a part of what we ought to know and only can prophecy in the same way, but when that which is perfect is shown to us, then that which in part will be done away with.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I understood as a child and I thought as a child but when I grew into an adult, I put away all those childish traits.

For now we don't see things very clearly but then we will see face to face.  Now I have part of knowledge, but then I will be known for my knowledge.

And now we abide in faith, hope and love, but the very greatest of these is love.

This chapter is the closest to describing the practical Christian.  If we can abide by these thoughts that I have received from this chapter, we will be practicing Practical Christianity. Love is one of the Christian traits that is fast disappearing and we must cultivate it to the very maximum.  It is vital to our eternal life with Christ.  I have found that it comes very easy to love all people if you ask God to plant His love in your heart.  You will gradually see that your love will make others happy and they will catch on and love in the same way.  It is so very important, please understand what this will do for you and all the others you associate with.  It is a miracle that God wants us each to possess.
Study this out in it's entirety and be blessed above all blessings.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment