Thursday, May 4, 2017

Denying Christ

How do we deny Christ?  There are examples in Scripture that we will study this time and hopefully we will not be one to deny Him.

Matthew 10:33  "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 26:34  "Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, that this night before the cock crow, thou shall deny me thrice."  Spoken to Peter.

Matthew 26:69,70  "Now Peter sat without in the palace and a damsel came unto him, saying, thou also was with Jesus of Galilee.  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest."

Mark 8:38  "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Acts 3:14  "But ye denied the Holy One and the Just and desired a murderer to be granted unto you."

2 Timothy 2:12  "If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us."

2 Peter  2:1  "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

1 John 2:22  "Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ?  He is antichrist that denies the Father and the Son."

Are you ashamed of Jesus, do you pray before your meal when you are eating out?  Does that embarrass you?  This is one area that I couldn't do for a long time but it doesn't bother me now like it use to.  I am a very timid person and I don't like to be made fun of but I am not ashamed anymore to say a prayer before I eat in public.  My Prayer is, 'Lord, help me never, ever be ashamed to be a Christian and to always demonstrate it wherever I am'.

There are all kinds of doctrines out there, but let's not get caught up in something that is not Biblical.
Isaiah 40:8 says, "The Word of God shall stand forever."  I believe that, it has stood for thousands of years so far and it will keep on until Jesus comes again.  It has help for every situation, so let's keep studying and learning.  It has helped me so much and I know it will help you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment