Saturday, January 31, 2015

Another Secret that shouldn't be a secret

I really don't think any of these things that I call secret are intended to be secrets by God.  The scriptures are clear but Satan seems to fog our minds and keeps us from learning the things in this life that really bring happiness.  So keep praying to be filled with His Spirit and Satan will lose his power to confuse us and things will be made plain to us so that we can understand God's will for us.

All my life I have thought that it was OK to let people know how you feel about different things and to make it clear to them feelings or no feelings involved.  I'm talking about simple conversations, that take on emotions and when emotions get involved anything can happen.

When you share your home with someone, you are in close proximity all the time and when it is a family member that you haven't lived with for years, it can get quite complicated getting use to each others ways and habits.

My son and I are sharing my motor home together, talk about close proximity, even though it is a large motor home it is small quarters for two people that have not been together for years.  I am very happy to have him with me, having rescued him from a very abusive situation and I mean abusive.  That's all I am going to say about that, but I want to say that what he has been through and other members of my family have been through is very difficult to know how to deal with the after effects and not understand the pain that they have gone through.

So together we have learned that our tongue can be a tool for happiness or unhappiness and cause us to be depressed or happy.  We have learned it the hard way, instead of reading the word of God and taking it to heart, we are a stubborn people and usually have to learn things the hard way by experience.  That's what has happened to us, by little insinuations we have hurt each other and I am probably more guilty than he is, not knowing how to handle someone that has been hurt to the core and the pain of it is so real it shows on their countenance.

Just recently we have been studying the book of Proverbs and not knowing what being filled with the Spirit will do we realized that God had sanctified our tongues and that the happiness that it brings is unreal. No more worries about what the other thinks or does, we just accept each other as they are and pray for each other.  It brings happiness that nothing else can compare.

James 3:2 "For we all stumble in many things.  If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body." Now I am not saying that we are perfect, not at all, perfection is
something to strive for but for us to know what our condition is about is for God to judge and not for us to brag about and end up with a load of pride that is worse than before.  This is not a brag session, this is real life situations that God takes in His own hands and gives us the remedy and sometimes we don't know that He is even working it out.  If I'm bragging at all it is about what God is able to do for us and through us if we ask Him in sincerity.  This is another gift of the Spirit, a Sanctified Tongue.  It brings a world of happiness that nothing can be compared.  You might say all these gifts are a gift of love that God pours out on those who come in sincerity and in humility asking for His fullness.

Be filled with His Spirit and enjoy the blessings of love that He pours out in your life each and every day and share some of them with me.  I would love to hear of your experiences that God is pouring out in your life.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment