Thursday, January 22, 2015

More Blessings From Being Filled With His Spirit.

I have notice recently as I have been asking for His Spirit to fill me, that there are things that have disappeared from my life without me being aware of it.  Then all of a sudden some time has passed and I realized that He has taken things away from my heart and mind that I have battled with on my own, which is a mistake to begin with.  We cannot overcome in our own power, it is an impossibility! Oh, we think we are strong and have lots of will power and there is no doubt that some folks are strong and have lots of will power, but Who gives us the strength and the will to do the tasks that seem impossible?  Of course, it is God.

We all sin and come short of the glory of God.  Jesus is our perfect example, the only perfect One to live on this earth.  But He came here to show us how to live and overcame where we need to overcome and then gave the ultimate gift of His life so that we might receive His gift of a life like His.  That is why we need His free gift of the infilling of His Spirit every day, not a day should pass without pleading for His Holy Spirit to fill us.

Of course, Satan doesn't want us to be like Jesus, and he does trip us up, and we may often have to fall at the feet of Jesus in repentance, but He does not forsake us.  He has a much deeper love than that, way deeper than we can even imagine.  He overcame Satan in the Wilderness and He can overcome him for us too.  We are helpless, but He is strong.

Philippians 4;13 says, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'.  So where does our strength to overcome, come from?  Christ, and in Romans 8:32 it says that 'He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?'
So see, He freely gives us overcoming power and freely fills us.

Philippians 4:19 says, 'My God shall supply ALL your NEED according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.'  He supplies all our needs and His riches in glory are beyond our imagination aren't they.  His riches are eternal and the life He wants us to have is eternal.  So according to the Bible we can overcome in Christ's name, we can be filled with His fullness and live a life of peace and love in the Holy Spirit's power.

2 Corinthians 12:10 Paul says, 'Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ;s sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.' We are weak, there is no doubt about it, but Christ is strong and remember He strengthens us, so it is OK to be weak, if we were strong on our own, we wouldn't need a Savior, but that is our greatest need and He supplies all our need.  Please don't forget these verses, write them on cards and memorize them and fill your mind with His promises.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment