Sunday, January 25, 2015

Comments Anyone? Be Complete in Him.

I surely don't want to leave any subject fuzzy in anyone's mind, so if you agree with my blog, let me know and if you don't let me know so I can clarify myself with the Bible so any fuzziness can be cleared up.

I received a comment the other day that encouraged me greatly, I was thinking about giving up my blog again but if only one person benefits from it, it is worth it.  Of course I am always benefited by studying a subject and blogging but it is always encouraging to hear from my bloggers also.

I was thinking lest I should leave a shadow of a doubt on your mind about our worthlessness or our worthiness to add a thought or two to it.  We are not worthless to Jesus, He is our creator and redeemer and the price He paid for our redemption shows the value of a soul.  So to Him we are worth it all.  We may feel worthless when we are living outside His grace but every sinner no matter how deep we have sunk in sin is worth the price of His life on the cross.

Unworthy?  Yes, there is no way we can earn salvation, we must humble ourselves as the Centurion did and realize that Jesus is the worthy One and it is His worthiness that saves us.  Is that a little bit more clear?  I sure don't want to leave anyone with the idea that we are not worth anything, because according to the price of our redemption, we are worth a whole lot more than some of us realize.  That should make us want to give our lives to Jesus and live for Him and surrender and humble ourselves before Him so He can transform our lives into the kind of person He wants us to be.

If you are being blessed by my worship thoughts, please let me know and if things are unclear, please let me know that too.  I sure don't want to leave anyone with a foggy mind on anything that I say.

When we give our hearts to Jesus, in willing surrender and humility, it is He that transforms our lives.  Our job is to surrender and believe that He will do what He has promised.

Philippians 1:6  "Being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."  Is that clear enough?  If not, here is another great promise.

1 Thessalonians 5:23,24. "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."

Paul says in Philippians that He will complete the work that He has started in us and in 1 Thessalonians he says that He will sanctify us completely and that He is faithful to do it.  So what are we waiting for?  Or maybe I should ask what He is waiting for?  He is waiting for our complete surrender.

Philippians 1:9-11  "And this I pray that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."

Jesus wants to fill us with the fruits of His righteousness, isn't that a great thought, much higher than we can even imagine for ourselves.  Be blessed today with Paul's words of promise in Philippians and 1 Thessalonians.  Many people and I mean many including myself, have thought that I had to work to earn my salvation when all the time Jesus is waiting for us to give our hearts to Him to complete the work in us that He has started.  We must plead for the infilling of His Spirit and show that we really want it and He will fill us and complete our characters into His likeness.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment