Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Stress Anyone? Part 1

Yes, I know that wasn't a very smart question but God helping me, I am going to try to help you get rid of the unwanted stress in your life.  I believe we all have stress and a certain amount of stress, I am told is good for us.  It keeps us on our toes and challenges us to have a goal and to work towards that goal.

However, there are stresses that we can do without and my daughter and I had both been under some stress that we could have done without.  Both from different sources but both having the same effect.
Emotionally worn out, and on top of that my blood Hemoglobin went dangerously low and I couldn't function at all when it came to doing anything but sitting in a chair.  For me that was the ultimate low.  I have always been an ambitious person and yes I have had emotional upsets but the last one did a number on me that along with my low hemoglobin I was just sitting in my chair waiting to die.  I really didn't want to do anything either.

On the other hand, my daughter was trying to run from hers and she was on the go continually, always going and I would watch her trying to get away from her stress and it would wear me out just watching her go, go, and go some more.  Every day and all day.  It was wearing her out.

Now I know that everyone cannot possibly go to the Caribbean Islands to get rid of the stress, but perhaps you can do the same thing at home that we did there.  The first week or so that we were there we went to bed early, I mean early, like 5:30 in the evening, for a few nights we would just lay there and talk and listen to each other and that was very healing.  Then we would watch the only English channel on TV and it was ER room experiences and that would keep our mind off our problems and see other peoples problems that were worse than ours.  So getting to bed early was very healing, I think anyone who has undergone extreme stress should get plenty of rest and find someone that you can trust and talk it out.

During the day she wanted to go, but guess what the only way to go was to walk or rent a golf cart.  Golf carts rented for $37.00 a day and so we couldn't do that more than two or three times so our alternative was to walk, and I couldn't walk very far maybe half a block and be winded and in a lot of back pain, so she was pushing me in my wheelchair most of the time.  That was stressful for me because I thought it to be too much for her, but she was so sweet and I soon realized that she was doing it from a willing heart and I could relax and enjoy getting out and like I said she liked to go and so go we did.  I was not use to it but it was good for me not to sit around waiting to die.  I did learn to walk more,  maybe three or more blocks at a time and that was really good for me.  And she was walking all the time.  So Exercise was another good thing that we were doing.

Well, sorry time as run out for today but tomorrow I will continue to give you some good pointers on dealing with stress that we learned.  In today's stressful world we need all the help we can get and don't forget that God is our helper and for us He sent us on a long journey to get the help we needed. So I want to share with you what you can do to help with your stress.  There are some good pointers coming that really topped it all off.  See you tomorrow.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment