Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Are you discouraged?

Sometimes I have been sooooo discouraged specially over my health, when a bone breaks which has happened ever so many times, or the time the doctor told me I was in heart failure, that is pretty discouraging news and then recently the doctor told me my Aorta valve was closing up on me and that is what happened to my husband and so that hit me pretty hard too.  This is when I started to get busy with my relationship with the Lord.  I want to be ready when He comes in His glory and to see Him face to face.  Don't you?  I don't know when God will allow me to lay down my burdens, but I do want to ready when He does.  I am not discouraged about any of that stuff anymore and I am not afraid to die, either.  I am getting ready for whatever His plans are.  The discouragement all went away.

Joshua 1:9  "Have I not commanded you to be strong and of good courage;  do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Psalm 37:24  "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand"

Lamentations 3:21-26  "Yet there is one ray of hope: His compassion never ends.  It is only the Lord's mercies that have kept us from complete destruction.  Great is His faithfulness; His loving kindness begins fresh each day.  My soul claims the Lord as my inheritance, therefore I will hope in Him.  The Lord is wonderfully good to those that wait for Him, to those who seek for Him.  It is good both to hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

John 14:1-3  "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am there ye may be also."  See why I am not discouraged any more.  When we die, we are told that it is just a sleep where we don't know anything until Jesus comes and calls us from the grave to life everlasting with Him.  What a wonderful day that will be.  I am looking forward to seeing Him face to face on that great morning.  Are you still discouraged? I surely hope not.  We have so much to look forward to.  Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment