Monday, November 9, 2015

Choose your friends wisely.

Have you ever had a friend that when your back was turned they said untrue things about you?  Yes, I'm sure we all have had that happened to us.  When you think they are your truest friend and they do that, it is painful to say the least.  I had that happen to me a while back and it hurt like someone had stabbed me.  I loved my friend and I didn't know what to do, so I turned to God with the problem and the sting went away and I still love my friend and can be as though it had never happened.  But I don't know if the same trust will be there.  Forgiveness yes, trust, not sure.

Romans 16: 17 &18  "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.  For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple."

I heard someone say recently, 'I do this and I give that and that's just the way I am'.  Also that same individual was telling things about people in the church that I find to be my friends and what does that do to me, it caused me to ponder the message I got and wonder and then I decided it was not Christian and I don't even remember what was said.  Isn't God good?  He just wipes our minds clean of all the trash that we hear and He will do the same for anyone who wants to clear out the trash we hear.

Proverbs 20:19  "He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets;  Therefore do not associate with one who flatters with his lips."

Proverbs 1:13  "A talebearer reveals secrets, But he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter."

I choose my friends wisely, or at least I thought I did and normally I do and I have learned to test a person out before I tell anything I don't want spread abroad.  If a person is a godly individual, you can always tell by their conversation and what they love to talk about.  If there conversation is Christ centered or at least Christ approved, then usually they are trustworthy.  But still it is a very good idea not to tell things that you don't want spread around.  Tell the Lord, He is your best friend and will never betray you, Never.  I could talk to my husband and know that he would never betray me and it was so good to be able to trust him.  I miss that very much.

So the moral of this story is, choose your friends wisely and avoid those who are talebearers and Jesus is our best friend and you can tell Him anything and it stays with Him.  I love that because I tell Him lots of things I would not want any human being to hear.  He understands and brings healing to all kinds of situations, it really is amazing.  Make Jesus your best friend and be cautious in choosing other friends.  Let's be of a faithful spirit and conceal the things people tell us and be a faithful friend.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment