Friday, November 13, 2015

Heavenly Joy.

What is heavenly joy?  Do you have a definition?  I don't think I do but I will when I finish this study.  There is not much joy in this world anymore is there?  I have tried different methods to bring me joy, but without fail.  I need real heavenly joy in my heart, how about you?  I'm sure most of us would like to have more joy, there seems to be plenty of sadness.  Today as I was sitting in my chair resting, I heard what sounded like sobbing, very loud and I looked out my window and an older lady was sobbing her heart out and it looked like maybe her son trying to console her.  Have no idea what happened but I felt so bad for her.  Not much joy!

Satan has tried to cause us to believe that we will get real joy in self-pleasing and self-serving, but it never brings heavenly joy, we may have momentary joy but we really need everlasting heavenly joy.

John 15:10 & 11  "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father;s commandments, and abide in His love.  These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."    That has to be heavenly joy!!

Romans 14:17  "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost."

1 John 1:7  "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."  That would be real heavenly joy, to be cleansed from all sin.

We will find joy that never fails in Christ.  Romans 15:3 says that, 'Christ pleased not Himself', pleasing self does not bring joy, but pleasing others brings heavenly joy.

About the early disciples, the Bible declares, 'they were filled with joy and with the Holy Ghost.' Acts 15:32.

Today we need to pray for heavenly joy with great intensity and desire, only then can we pass this blessing on to others.  Let's try it we just might like this heavenly joy.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment