Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Purpose.

My purpose of these blogs, is to help you have a closer walk with Jesus day by day and to learn to trust Him with all your heart.  Actually you are following my experience, as I walk with the Lord, I am not there yet but I am struggling just as you are and my intentions are to be in God's kingdom when He comes in the clouds of heaven to claim us as His own.  My greatest desire is to be with Him eternally.  We may slip and fall and come to Him weeping because of some sin we have committed but He is always there to reinstate us with all the mercy and forgiveness that we need in our situation.  I am learning to love Him more and more and trust Him more and more.  It is because I am spending more time with Him and trying to memorize more scriptures and I am learning how to have a different prayer life and how to pray for those on my prayer list.

Speaking of prayer lists, I would encourage you to make one and list each name of each person that you are impressed to pray for.  List their needs and ask God to forgive them for their waywardness and ask Him to apply the blood of Jesus to them so that the demonic spirits that are controlling them be driven away so that God's Holy Spirit will be able to strive with them and draw them close to Him.  I use to pray for everyone else and forget to pray for myself, so not in a selfish way, I put my self at the top of the list so that I can pray for cleansing and forgiveness so that my prayers will be heard for those whom I pray for.  I remember those closest to me and then those who have been part of my family in the past and my friends in the past and present and I remember my pastor and His needs and how he needs to be close to God because of his position and to always speak truth.  You will have your own way and your own lists, including our government,  missionaries, programs, and all those that are working for God.  I just now am learning to add some more to my lists by trying to help you form a list.

Because I am handicapped, I cannot kneel, so before I get out of bed, I do a blog for the day which is usually a short study that helps me in my daily walk, and then I focus on a scripture to memorize and then I bring my prayer list before God and spend time talking to Him about each individual thats close to my heart.  And before I get out of bed I asked to be baptized by His Spirit and filled with His fullness as He has promised to do if we ask.  Then I cautiously slip out of bed to face another day.  The reason I said cautiously is because I don't trust myself at all.  I want to remain in His will all through the day but I know how easy it is to let self come to the front, we must let God keep self subdued and let Him be in control of our life, and put others first.

I want to share a scripture with you that I have memorized that is full of promises that I need every day and it means so much to me, I like to repeat it over and over until I have it so down pat, I won't forget it.  I am going to repeat it in a personal way as I do many scriptures.

Psalm 103:1-5  "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name.  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits,  Who forgives all my iniquities, who heals all my diseases, who redeems my life from destruction, who crowns my life with tender mercies and loving kindness, who satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagles."

Isn't that a beautiful text to start your day with, I love it and it means so very much to me, it is hard for me to memorize now at my age of 84, but I can still do it, it just takes more effort and takes longer.  God has been very good to me and has given me a great longing to please Him, all my life I have wanted to be like Jesus but didn't know exactly how to get there and I want you to know that I haven't arrived yet but I know He is leading me and holding my hand all the way and when He comes I will welcome Him, UNLESS, I let go of His hand and trust in myself instead of Him.

I hope my little journey and purpose for this blog has helped you, it has helped me to share with you how I have been traveling this rocky road to God's kingdom, it hasn't been smooth, I have suffered heart ache, severe pain most of the time in the last few years, tripped up lots of times when self got in the way but as an overall picture, I am still holding His hand and He is the best friend I have ever had and ever will have.  He never gives up on me and never condemns me, just forgives and encourages me to keep on holding on to His hand.  May you be blessed as you realize you are not the only one who is stumbling along and reaching out for a better life here and now.  May God bless you as He has blessed me, and more.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment