Sunday, November 22, 2015

Unlimited Help

How many of you need help in your daily life?  In decisions, in directions, in speech, in choices like what to wear, what to eat, where to go, life work, O, so many ways in which we can use unlimited help.  I know that I need unlimited help in all the ways that I mentioned above and probably many more.  Following is some verses that I thought should be put to memory because of the content of them and how much it would help in my daily life.  This is the prayer that Paul prayed for the Ephesians and we can pray this prayer for any and all those on our prayer list, there is much power in prayer.

Ephesians 3:14 -19  "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height, to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Would it be alright with you if I dissected these verses bit by bit and show you how it has helped me?  First off, I memorized them, then I read how the whole family in heaven and earth is named.  Remember this is Paul's prayer for the Ephesians and it can be our prayer for those on our prayer list too.
He will grant us answers according to His riches in glory, and to be strengthened with might, how? Through His Spirit in our hearts, that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith; so that we will be rooted and grounded in love, and may be able to comprehend with all saints, this love that He is offering us which passes knowledge, that we may be filled with ALL the fullness of God.

God is able to do exceedingly abundantly ABOVE ALL that we ask or think, according to the Holy Spirit's power that works in us.  It will glorify Him in the church through Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen.  (Emphasis supplied)

Can we comprehend His riches in glory?  I can't.  And be strengthened with might, so that we can obey Him through His Spirit because His Spirit dwells in our hearts through faith.  We will be rooted and grounded in His love and be able to comprehend His love that He has offered us which passes knowledge and we will be filled with all the fullness of God.  How able is God?  Exceedingly, abundantly able to do above all that we can ask or think to ask ACCORDING to the Holy Spirit's power that is working in us.  I pray for that power every morning before I even get out of bed, that God will baptize me with His Spirit and then fill me with His Spirit so that I will be victorious in my daily walk with Him.

Can you see the unlimited help that we have through His Holy Spirit.  It is powerful indeed.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment