Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blessings Abundant

I know that everyone likes blessings, and all of us at sometime or another have received blessings or have been blessed in some way or another, but we still crave blessings from God.  I know I do, I really want God's Spirit to rule in my life and that would be the greatest blessing I could receive from Him as far as I am concerned, there are other blessings that are wonderful too.  I think it would be a great idea to make a list of all God's blessings that He pours out upon us, even the small ones that we take for granted, like food, water, air to breathe, a bed to sleep in, a roof over our heads when it rains.  There are a lot of people that would be thankful for just these simple blessings that we have every day.  So let's count our blessings and name them one by one as the hymn says.

Psalm 2:12  "Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him."

1 Chronicles 4:10  "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil."

Genesis 32:24-29  "Then Jacob was left alone; and a man wrestled with him until the breaking of the day...And he said, 'Let me go for the day breaks.'  But Jacob said, 'I will not let thee go unless you bless me!...And he blessed him there."

Numbers 6:24-26  "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you; and be gracious to you;  The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace."

Let's put our trust in Him and be blessed.  And pray that God would bless us indeed and keep us from evil.  And like Jacob, hang on until we receive God's blessing.  And let's receive the benediction here in Numbers that the Lord will bless us and keep us and make His face shine upon us and be gracious to us and lift up His countenance upon us and give us peace.  We all need these blessings, so let us pray for them in sincerity of heart and they will be ours and we will be blessed indeed.  There is no end to God's blessings if we follow Him and we can even thank Him in trials because that's what brings out the gold.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment