Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Faith I Live By.

There have been so much written on 'faith' and still it seems a mystery to many.  I have struggled with it some too, in fact quite a bit.  Faith as the grain of mustard seed, what kind of faith is that? A mustard seed is no bigger than a straight pin head, a small one at that.  How much faith is that? I have written a blog on faith and still it seems a mystery to me at times.  The Bible says that 'The just shall live by faith', Habakuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11.  Have you any idea what that means?  The just shall live by faith?  This study is going to help me so much, I can feel it coming!!!

Hebrews 11:1  "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  It seems like we hope for things that we cannot see.  The just shall live by things that they cannot see.  Can we always see what is before us?  I can't.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I wish I did, it is not for me to know, it is for me to trust God in the things I don't know or can't see.  The other night at prayer meeting the pastor said faith and trust are two different things, so I asked him to explain.  He said, 'you have faith in something and then you trust that it will go through'.  What do you think?   It sounded OK to me, but I'm not through yet, there is more to living by faith than meets the eye.

Romans 10:17  "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God"  It sounds like if we want more faith, we need to spend more time in the word of God to build ourselves up in the faith.

Romans 1:17  "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith'."  It seems to me that the righteousness of God is revealed by the 'just' living out their lives by faith, from generation to generation.  Do you see that too?

Hebrews 4:2  "For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it."  When we hear the gospel, it needs to be mixed with faith in order for us to benefit from it.  It is something we cannot see, we can only experience the gospel and only because we have mixed our faith with it.  In other words we must believe it to experience it, totally by faith.

Hebrews 11:6  "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him."  We MUST believe that He is and He rewards those who diligently seek him.  How do we seek Him? Through His word, diligently.  This study is causing me to diligently seek Him and His saving faith.

Acts 26:18  Jesus tells us that we are sanctified by faith in Him.  We must have faith to believe that we are sanctified in Him.

Ephesians 2:8  "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."  We are saved by grace through faith in Him.  Faith is a gift from God, because we cannot save ourselves, it is strictly through faith in Him.

2 Corinthians 5:7  "For we walk by faith, not by sight".  We can believe that, can't we after this study, we simply have to walk by faith, not by sight.  Our Christian walk is simply by faith.  We must trust Him for everything in life.  This is the faith that I live by, How about you?  Do you live by faith, there is no other way that I know of, it is the Biblical way and that's the way we want to walk.  I'm sure that those of you who are following my journey believe the Biblical way is the only way.  It is the way of peace, joy and love for others.  Let's walk by faith and live by faith in the One who has saved us and provided a way for us to be sanctified and saved by faith in His name.  Grandma Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment