Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Gift from God.

What would you consider to be the best gift God could give you?  I am sure everyone's answer would probably be different.  I couldn't even begin to enumerate the things they would want God to give them it would be so varied.  I was thinking that I would like to write about something that would help me and give me something to look forward to, and the thought came to me, 'how about something encouraging?"  That rang a bell with a winning sound, so what would be encouraging to me?  At my age, and with my experience I could think of nothing better than Eternal Life with Jesus forever more.  I so want to be ready when He comes and I am sure I will go to my grave before that happens but if not that's OK too.

In John 10:27-30, it says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.  I and My Father are one."  Isn't that the greatest promise on this subject?  He gives us eternal life and no one, not anyone is able to take us away from Him.  We are the only ones that can cause us to leave Him, it is our personal choice whether we stay in His presence or not.  No one else can do anything about that.  I think that is wonderful to think about and talk about encouraging, that is encouraging.

Did you know that Jesus prayed for you, yes you?  He did in John 17:20,21  "I do not pray for these alone, (meaning His disciples) but also for those who will believe in Me through their words; That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."

Does the world see Jesus in You?  Do you glorify His name with your life?  He has a place for you, all prepared  in His kingdom and eternal life with Him forever.  What better gift could He give us then life eternally with Him, He says He is preparing mansions for us in John 14:2,3  "In My Father's house are many mansions.  If it were not so I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am there you may be also.

Do you want to occupy one of those mansions?  Me too.  I am looking forward to that day and hope you are too.  I would love to be your neighbor there, how about it?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment