Friday, June 21, 2013

What kind of Instrument are you?

There are all kinds of instruments, stringed, wind, drums etc. Instruments can vary in different ways, some can be flat, some sharp, some off key, some beautiful tones like they were made to make.  My favorite is the organ, I love to play the organ, it is such a smooth sounding instrument and can offer the best in music, I think.  But when you come down to it, I love music, all kinds, I should say most kinds.  I don't like loud, harsh tones, tones that clash and crash and make no sense.

We are God's instruments, instruments of love, joy, peace or we can be Satan's instruments of hate, unhappiness, and unsettled, so what kind of instrument are we?  Do we put out beautiful tones of highest quality that soothe, strengthen and help others or are we putting out just the opposite?  It is very important that we are God's instruments of love, joy and peace.

Romans 6:13  "And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God."

I bet you are wondering what ever brought up this subject, well there is a reason and you guessed it, it is something that I needed to learn and so what I learn I share with you.  I learned that I am God's instrument and I want to be but I have to be a humble instrument that He can use and speak through and not take any credit to myself and I am very willing to do that, but have to be very careful that no glory goes to me.  So the lesson learned is that in order to be God's instrument, it takes being humble and willing to share whatever He puts on my heart that I need and then to share it with you.  That's is what I am trying to do by God's grace.

Do you want to be His instrument too?  Then take to heart what He is teaching me and let Him make you His humble instrument to His glory and honor.  May we all be His humble instruments today.  Grandma Joan
Have a great day in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment