Sunday, June 16, 2013

Are your fears overwhelming at times?

Yes, fears can be overwhelming at times.  I have had several experiences through life that have caused me to fear and be afraid.  Most of the time it has been people that have tried to hurt me that has caused most of my fear.  And then the fear grows into something that is overwhelming and uncontrollable until you fear just about anything.  It isn't fun at all and it ruins life's greatest pleasures.  It can ruin our relationship with God and cause us to fear Him.  Satan loves to knock us down and try to keep us there, doesn't he?

I got to the place where I couldn't speak in front of people without shaking and my voice quivering and one time I even burst into tears.  And then we isolate ourselves because of circumstances unavoidable and that doesn't help at all.  Then you fear making friends, going places where there are people and like I just said it can ruin life's greatest pleasures which mostly involve people.

So this morning I am going to try and help my fears dissolve, are you with me?  These promises will help us overcome these prison house fears.

Psalms 34:4  "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Isaiah 41:13  "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
Hebrews 13:5  "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."
Isaiah 44:8  "Fear ye not, neither be afraid."

These are great promises are they not?  Why do we fear when we have a great God that says He will be with us and help us.  Then there are two more verses that will really help us.

1 John 4:18  "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love."  Isn't that the truth, the Bible always points us to things right where we need it most.  Fear has torment, that is so very, very true.  If we are filled with fear we cannot be made perfect in love.
2 Timothy 1:7  "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love, and of a sound mind."

This is what we need, a spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  Wouldn't you agree with that?
This is our promise for today, so wipe away all your fears and let God give you power, love and a sound mind.  These things come from above and are a great blessing.  I am going to contemplate this today as I stay in His presence as we have been learning and pray that He will cast out all my fears and fill me with 
power, love and a sound mind.  How about you?  God bless you as you stay in His presence today and let Him wipe away all your fears.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment